Asus has finally launched its eco-friendly Bamboo Series Notebook in India. The notebook has been designed with real bamboo to maintain ‘green’ factor throughout its life cycle.
Following are some of its amazing features:
- Intel Core2 Duo Processor P8600
- Mobile Intel PM45 express chipset
- Intel WiFi Link 5100
- Genuine Windows Vista Genuine Home Premium Memory
- NVidia GeForce 9300M GS with TAG RAM up to 1536MB (depends on system memory).
- DDR2 800MHz, 2 x SODIMM up to 4GB (depends on Vista 64bits readiness)
- SATA HDD up to 320G/5400rpm, UltraSlim ODD built in 8-in-1 Card Reader, Fingerprint, TPM module
- Built-in 1.3M pixel Camera with ASUS SmartLogon and LED light
The notebook is compiled with RoHS and WEEE Standard. To reduce the yearly CO2 emission by 12.3kg per notebook, it uses Super Hybrid Engine. It has also been reported that Asus ships approximately 6 million notebooks per year, that is 73.8 million kilograms of CO2 emission reduction and saving 36 million trees annually.
According to Stanley Wu, Country Manager for Notebook business, ASUS India, “The launch of Bamboo Series Notebook will usher in a new era of green computing. It will mark a paradigm shift in the way computers are used and manufactured. With the ever increasing concern over global warming and the ecological imbalance, we find it necessary to innovate products that are not only eco-friendly but also commercially viable”.
The Bamboo Series Notebook costs Rs. 1, 10, 000 and weighs 1.57 kg. It has a 2 year global warranty and 1 year warranty on battery.