Research in Motion (RIM) has announced that it has launched the BlackBerry Connect software v4.0 on a range of handsets from BPL Mobile in India. This new software will allow users to access the powerful and popular BlackBerry services with support for BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Internet Service.
According to Sunzay Passari (VP, VAS & Devices, BPL Mobile), “We are delighted to extend the choice of smartphones supporting the powerful BlackBerry wireless solution. BlackBerry Connect software enables users to enhance their mobile communications and productivity by connecting to the feature-rich and sophisticated BlackBerry services.”
Frenny Bawa (VP, RIM India) added, “The popularity of the BlackBerry solution continues to grow in India and around the world as customers embrace its many communications, productivity and convenience benefits. We’re very pleased to be working with BPL Mobile to provide BlackBerry Connect to customers in India with a broad choice of handsets.”
BlackBerry Connect provides support for “push”-based wireless email access, wireless email reconciliation and attachment viewing. Additional services include:
- Integration with IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise to enable secure, push-based wireless access to email and other corporate data.
- Complete, two-way wireless synchronization of email, calendar, address book and task information.
- Enhanced attachment handling capabilities, enabling users to view images, footnotes and tracked changes.
- Remote look-up of corporate email address directory.
- Triple DES or AES wireless encryption.
- Internet and corporate intranet access via the BlackBerry Mobile Data System.
- Wireless device provisioning to allow devices to be activated wirelessly.
- Remote control of email settings to allow users to wirelessly configure out-of-office replies, email filters, and auto-signatures directly from their device.
- Wireless IT policy enforcement and commands.